Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Goat Cheese Omelets

You may notice a theme on this blog...food. Well, here we go again. Food makes me happy. Good food makes me happier. Good food that reminds me of especially good times makes me especially happy. That's where the goat cheese omelet comes in. For our honeymoon, my wife and I went to Jamaica. One of the best things about our resort was the food, including 24 hour room service. During our time there we got obsessed with goat cheese omelets, delivered fresh every morning. Not only are they delicious, but they remind us of a really fun time in our lives, and relationship.



That brings us to the present. Last weekend I spent my carmageddon (also known as the best traffic weekend in LA, EVER!) at the Eat Real Festival in Culver City. They had lots of craft beer and local food, including a local goat cheese producer, Drake Family Farms. I picked up a couple packages of their cheese, and wow, is it delicious. We made goat cheese omelets this morning and they turned out great! We also got the fixings for a great goat cheese salad later this week. Yum! Check it out the finished product below (just egg, goat cheese, and sliced green onions):

No comments:

Post a Comment