Monday, July 4, 2011

Fresh Tamales from the neighborhood!

This is a more recent obsession. There is a woman who walks all around the neighborhood every morning selling homemade tamales. They are $1 each, and absolutely delicious. She doesn't speak any English, so it's been fun to practice my (admittedly fading) Spanish skills. I've even acted as a "translator" for my neighbors! She seems very nice, and although I don't even know her name yet, it's been really fun getting to know her. And she makes incredible Tamales. I'd never even had one until these, but they are amazing. Just look:




Anyway, it's a delicious (although probably not too healthy) way to start your day in true Los Angeles fashion! And don't worry Mom, they're usually only a weekend treat :-).

No comments:

Post a Comment