Sunday, August 7, 2011

Boogie Boarding

Growing up in Santa Barbara, I have always loved the beach. One of my favorite things to do at the beach is boogie board. I've been doing it practically all of my life. This particular board has been to Hawaii multiple times, and countless beaches in LA and SB. There's something about it that is just pure joy. When the waves are decent, it's incredibly easy, fun, and a little bit crazy - a perfect recipe for a good time. While surfing is more of a "zen" activity (we did a little of that today, too), boogie boarding is just pure instant gratification, and brings back tons of childhood memories. For example, I'll never forget the huge (scary) shore break at Big Beach on Maui.

Most recently, Sarah and I have been taking the bus to the beach on Sunday mornings. This week, we brought the boogie boards. Despite a pretty wicked sunburn on my back (I guess SPF 15 just isn't enough), boy did we have a good time. See for yourself:


No comments:

Post a Comment