Sunday, May 15, 2011

Mimosas

Yesterday was my birthday. And my husband spoiled me rotten; it was the sweetest day ever! I could add every single one of the many many loving gestures and sweet gifts and treats we enjoyed on the 14th to this blog. But... that would be a really really really long post, and this is meant to be simple, enjoyable, and to the point, which, well, makes me happy. So... I've chosen the mimosa.
Mimosa, a mixture of orange juice and sparkling white wine. I love that it can be a glass of oj and a splash of champagne, or a splash of oj in a flute of champagne, and both are called "mimosas"! I love saying the name, mih mOH sahz. And I loooooove that my husband made fresh squeezed orange juice and pulled out a nice champagne to start my 24th birthday morning. Mimosas, oddly enough, remind me both of my wedding day and Christmas at my dad's house. Odd, I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment